100k Vertical Challenge
Save the Date 2020! “100K 4 $100K”
Monday, February 24, 2020
This is your chance to ski or snowboard 100K in ONE DAY!
Are YOU up for the challenge?
On Monday, February 24, 2020, join us for the 5th Annual 100K Vertical Challenge at the Jiminy Peak Mountain Resort in Hancock, MA and test your endurance with 87 runs off the top of the mountain. And do it for a great cause!
This 12-plus-hour adventure aims to raise $100,000.00 for and awareness of STRIDE’s adaptive sports programs for local individuals with disabilities including youth with special needs and our returning wounded veterans.
Form a relay team of 4 people!
We are also offering a VIRTUAL option for people not in the NY area or for non-skiers/snowboarders.
To avoid processing fees, we also accept checks to our STRIDE office:
STRIDE Adaptive Sports
4482 NY Highway 150
West Sand Lake, NY 12196
1) Does my registration fee count toward my fundraising goal? YES!!!
2) Is this event a race? No! The 100K is an endurance challenge and a fundraiser for STRIDE Adaptive Sports. No prizes are given for the individuals or teams that finish first. Safety is our first priority during the 100K, and those who treat the event like a race by tucking or otherwise skiing out of control will not be allowed to complete the event.
3) If I don’t meet the minimum donation requirements, will I be restricted from participating in the event? At its heart, the 100K is intended to be a fundraiser, so we established minimum fundraising objectives to ensure we meet that objective. The 100K staff will provide fundraising tips and assistance to help participants meet their minimums.
4) Do I have to raise money only from my friends and family or can get I sponsors, such as my work or other businesses? We encourage participants to seek out corporate sponsors. We have a list of sponsor levels and benefit packages that are available. Please contact Patrick Hayslett, Development Director for more information and supporting materials. (email@example.com or 518-598-1279).
5) Is there an age limit for participants? Yes. To participate in the 100K you must 16 years or older. However, if you are younger than 16 and would still like to get involved, we would love to have your help as a volunteer on the day of the event. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in volunteering.
6) Is STRIDE Adaptive Sports a registered non-profit? Yes, STRIDE Adaptive Sports is a registered 501(c)(3) with non-profit status from the IRS. Therefore, all donations made to support your fundraising goals are tax deductible.
7) Are we free to ski the entire mountain to complete the 87 runs? Yes, the entire mountain will be open for qualifying runs. However, the base area of the High Speed Six is where we will be logging runs and is where we will be set up with drinks, snacks, etc.
8) Are costumes allowed? Absolutely. In fact, they are encouraged.
Last Year’s 100K Event
The 4th Annual 100K Vertical Challenge at the Jiminy Peak Mountain Resort in Hancock, MA was a huge success despite the adversity Mother Nature threw at us with high winds and a resort wide power outage. And it was all done for a great cause! We raised $75,000 – the most in history!
This 12-plus-hour adventure aims to raise funds for and awareness of STRIDE’s adaptive sports programs for local individuals with disabilities including youth with special needs and our returning wounded veterans.
Form a relay team of 4 people and reach your goal to celebrate!
We also offer a VIRTUAL option for non-skiers/snowboarders. You can form your own team to raise funds and come and watch!
Thank you to our Sponsors: