100k Extreme Vertical Challenge 2021
Monday, February 22, 2021
This is your chance to ski or snowboard 100K in ONE DAY!
Are YOU up for the challenge?
On Monday, February 22, 2021, join us for the 6th Annual 100K Vertical Challenge at the Jiminy Peak Mountain Resort in Hancock, MA and test your endurance with 87 runs for a great cause!
This extreme adventure aims to raise funds for STRIDE’s adaptive sports programs.
Form a relay team of 4 people! Due to Covid19 restrictions, this year’s event will be skiing in teams of 4 in your bubble only; and include fun challenges added in to the day. Join us for a fun outdoor experience where your team competes against other teams for fun! but the real competition is raising the most money for STRIDE!
We are also offering a VIRTUAL option for people not in the NY area or for non-skiers/snowboarders.
To avoid processing fees, we also accept checks to our STRIDE office:
STRIDE Adaptive Sports
4482 NY Highway 150
West Sand Lake, NY 12196
1) Does my registration fee count toward my fundraising requirement/goal of $250 per person or $1,000 per team? YES!!!
2) Is this event a race? No! The 100K is an endurance challenge and a fundraiser for STRIDE Adaptive Sports. No prizes are given for the individuals or teams that finish first. Safety is our first priority during the 100K, and those who treat the event like a race by tucking or otherwise skiing out of control will not be allowed to complete the event.
3) If I don’t meet the minimum donation requirements, will I be restricted from participating in the event? At its heart, the 100K is intended to be a fundraiser, so we established minimum fundraising objectives to ensure we meet that objective. The 100K staff will provide fundraising tips and assistance to help participants meet their minimums.
4) Do I have to raise money only from my friends and family or can get I sponsors, such as my work or other businesses? We encourage participants to seek out corporate sponsors. We have a list of sponsor levels and benefit packages that are available. Please contact Patrick Hayslett, Development Director for more information and supporting materials. (email@example.com or 518-598-1279).
5) Is there an age limit for participants? Yes. To participate in the 100K you must 16 years or older. However, if you are younger than 16 and would still like to get involved, we would love to have your help as a volunteer on the day of the event.
6) Is STRIDE Adaptive Sports a registered non-profit? Yes, STRIDE Adaptive Sports is a registered 501(c)(3) with non-profit status from the IRS. Therefore, all donations made to support your fundraising goals are tax deductible.
7) Are we free to ski the entire mountain to complete the 87 runs? Yes, the entire mountain will be open for qualifying runs. However, the base area of the High Speed Six is where we will be logging runs and the only lift you may ride.
8) Are costumes allowed? Absolutely. In fact, they are encouraged.
Last Year’s 100K Event
The 5th Annual 100K Vertical Challenge at the Jiminy Peak Mountain Resort in Hancock, MA was a huge success And it was all done for a great cause! We raised $70,000! Form a relay team of 4 people and reach your goal to celebrate!
Thank you to our 2021 Sponsors: