2020 Annual 100K Vertical Challenge
February 24th, 2020 7:00 AM
To register offline, please contact Patrick Hayslett, Development Director, by calling 518-598-1279.
This is your chance to ski or snowboard 100K in ONE DAY!
Are YOU up for the challenge?
On Monday, February 24, 2020, join us for the 5th Annual 100K Vertical Challenge at the Jiminy Peak Mountain Resort in Hancock, MA and test your endurance with 87 runs off the top of the mountain. And do it for a great cause!
This 12-plus-hour adventure aims to raise $100,000.00 for and awareness of STRIDE’s adaptive sports programs for local individuals with disabilities including youth with special needs and our returning wounded veterans.
Form a relay team of 4 people!
We are also offering a VIRTUAL option for people not in the NY area or for non-skiers/snowboarders.
To avoid processing fees, we also accept checks to our STRIDE office:
STRIDE Adaptive Sports
4482 NY Highway 150
West Sand Lake, NY 12196
1) Does my registration fee count toward my fundraising requirement/goal of $250 per person or $1,000 per team? YES!!!
2) Is this event a race? No! The 100K is an endurance challenge and a fundraiser for STRIDE Adaptive Sports. No prizes are given for the individuals or teams that finish first. Safety is our first priority during the 100K, and those who treat the event like a race by tucking or otherwise skiing out of control will not be allowed to complete the event.
3) If I don’t meet the minimum donation requirements, will I be restricted from participating in the event? At its heart, the 100K is intended to be a fundraiser, so we established minimum fundraising objectives to ensure we meet that objective. The 100K staff will provide fundraising tips and assistance to help participants meet their minimums.
4) Do I have to raise money only from my friends and family or can get I sponsors, such as my work or other businesses? We encourage participants to seek out corporate sponsors. We have a list of sponsor levels and benefit packages that are available. Please contact Patrick Hayslett, Development Director for more information and supporting materials. (firstname.lastname@example.org or 518-598-1279).
5) Is there an age limit for participants? Yes. To participate in the 100K you must 16 years or older. However, if you are younger than 16 and would still like to get involved, we would love to have your help as a volunteer on the day of the event.
6) Is STRIDE Adaptive Sports a registered non-profit? Yes, STRIDE Adaptive Sports is a registered 501(c)(3) with non-profit status from the IRS. Therefore, all donations made to support your fundraising goals are tax deductible.
7) Are we free to ski the entire mountain to complete the 87 runs? Yes, the entire mountain will be open for qualifying runs. However, the base area of the High Speed Six is where we will be logging runs and the only lift you may ride.
8) Are costumes allowed? Absolutely. In fact, they are encouraged.
Thank you to our sponsors - please support them!!!
We're fundraising for the cause to make a difference
You can help fundraise for the cause once you register, or just make a donation.
Jiminy Peak Mountain Resort
Hancock, MA 01237
All attendees will be given the opportunity to fundraise.
After submitting your online registration, click the 'Promote this event with a personal fundraising page' button.